These wrinkly, globe-like nuts are fruits of walnut trees. They are covered in a hard inedible shell called kernel, which comes with its own uses. Walnuts are usually consumed raw or roasted. With Kashmir as an only home to walnuts in India, boasts both black walnut and the rare English walnut.
- These are high energy foods, especially good for diabetic patients as they don’t incur weight gain, even when consumed in good amounts.
- Walnuts are effective for reducing inflammation.
- They contain B- vitamins, which delay skin ageing by reducing stress levels.
- People with high cholesterol are usually recommended to increase walnut intake, as it keeps the cholesterol levels in check.
- They are important for reducing weight as well as maintain muscle cognition.